Spring clean your skin in time for warmer months in ten steps.
The change in seasons, although a welcome one means we have to start getting our bodies on show again and can also cause our skin to respond differently than during the cold winter months. There are a few things we can do to prepare our skin for the change to make sure we are fully prepared.
- Exfoliate- If this is something that has been slacking over winter, we will have a lot of build up of skin cells, so reinvigorate and wake up the skin by having a good exfoliate.
- A lighter moisturiser is required in the Spring compared to the Winter as we don’t need quite so much protection and the likelihood is we will be sweating that bit more so we want something that can cope with the extra activity without making us greasy.
- For your body, start using a zesty moisturising wash to pep you and your skin up in the mornings.
- In winter we get used to warming coffees and hot chocolates, and our water intake can slack which is not good for our skin, especially as warmer times start to come in. So get back into a strict water routine so skin is moisturised from the inside giving it that healthy glow we crave.
- With sun comes sun damage so start introducing SPF into moisturisers and foundations, and towards summer, a proper sun cream into routine. Ensure chest is covered, a typical stop we all miss and soaks up sun damage.
- Choose your fake tan of choice if you prefer to go artificial, so you don’t get left behind in the tanning stakes.
- Get the most likely neglected skin on your feet back into shape. Book in for a pedicure at Forever Gorgeous to get you started and to see the Spring colours that are available.
- To continue this at home a pedicure is at its best after a shower or bath, followed by an exfoliation or pumice stone if there is a lot of hard skin and follow with a moisturiser or oil.
- Shaving is something that also tends to be neglected when wear covered up in layers through Winter, so before getting stuck in, have a thorough exfoliation top to bottom before hand, then take time over shaving so all hair is equally removed so your whole body’s growth is in sync, then apply moisturiser or oil to help prevent shaving bumps.
- We can apply as many creams as we like but what gives our skin a true glow is health from the inside. We want foods rich in Vitamin E, C and A or if you struggle with adding things into your diet, invest in some vitamin pills to give it a quick boost.